Crestwood, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu
Crestwood, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu. Your priority as a parent is that your child has fun, safe, structured activities. You want to give them a way to learn vital life skills and connect with peers in an encouraging and empowering environment. The difficulty here is finding an activity that does all this while also piquing your child’s interests, which we all know can be quite the challenge. The answer is in Crestwood, MO kids’ jiu jitsu.
When you are ready to introduce your child to the amazing world of martial arts, sign them up for kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County. Gracie Barra is the leading martial arts organization in the world and teaches principles of several different martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo, and muay thai. Our programs for Crestwood, MO kids’ jiu jitsu are offered at a variety of times, as well as classes for other age groups. View our schedule or contact us today to unleash your child’s jiu jitsu potential.
What We Teach in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
At Gracie Barra, kids’ jiu jitsu is not just a physical activity. We teach martial arts as a lifestyle and a way to meet the many needs of growing children and teens. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes at Gracie Barra, we share our knowledge with the young people of Crestwood, MO the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu way of life, which includes things like healthy eating to stretching every day and priciples such as honoring commitments and displaying sportsmanship.
Benefits of Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
Gracie Barra’s Crestwood, MO kids’ jiu jitsu programs will equip your child with essential life lessons and experiences integral to a child’s development. Signing your child up for kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County is one of the biggest advantages you can give a child. Whether your child aspires to be an elite martial arts competitor or is simply shy or has trouble focusing in school, kid’s jiu jitsu classes provide them with an extensive list of advantages that will follow them throughout their childhood and into their adult years.
Kids’ jiu jitsu teaches many values and skills, including:
- Healthy habits. Practicing kids’ jiu jitsu has many effects on your child’s health. It models the value of structure and regular physical activity. Aside from encouraging regular exercise, kids’ jiu jitsu can improve sleep, teach the importance of a healthy diet, form proper warm-up and stretching habits, and more.
- Physical coordination and body awareness. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, we teach technique and physical movements that require fine motor skills, balance, strength, coordination, and grace. It helps children become more comfortable in and familiar with their own growing body.
- Goal setting. Like some other martial arts, jiu jitsu uses a belt system of progression. Every student, of any age, begins as a white belt. They start by learning and mastering the fundamentals. They must publicly demonstrate their knowledge and ability in order to earn the next belt. This is an excellent lesson in goal setting and achieving. Through setting small goals along the way and the motivation or progressing to new belts, your child will steadily master new skills and, over time, become stronger, faster, and more technical in their practice.
- Humility. Competition, whether or not your child chooses to compete formally, is a part of martial arts. All children should be taught how to engage in healthy competition. In kids’ jiu jitsu, your child will learn from their peers and learn how to accept both victory and defeat with humility. Their sense of humility will be key in their social and academic lives as well.
- Confidence. Martial arts teaches kids to face their opponents and overcome challenges. They will soon learn that with practice and dedication, they can triumph over any adversity. As a child sticks with the sport and advances in skill, earns new belts, and wins matches, they will naturally experience growing confidence in themselves.
- Focus. Simply attending a 45-minute structured class teaches your child to focus for a fixed amount of time. In addition, practicing Brazilian jiu jitsu teaches your child to focus on and observe their opponent’s actions in order to react best.
- Commitment and discipline. Participating in kid’s jiu jitsu classes requires students to practice restraint. Kids learn to control their disruptive tendencies and instead choose to be quiet, respectful, and focused during class. Learning intricate technical skills requires discipline as well as determination and commitment to learning and practicing.
- Respect. Kids’ jiu jitsu exposes your child to many different people from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. They will learn to respect their peers who are different from them by simply being around people who come from different places. Brazilian jiu jitsu is full of formal practices, like the rituals in competition and belt ceremonies, that will give your child experience with receiving and giving respect.
- Relationships. Kids’ jiu jitsu is an excellent way for you child to build valuable friendships. While practicing a self-defense sport may seem distancing and isolating, in actuality, it is the perfect recipe for making friends. The large majority of practice is spent sparring and practicing with partners. The mutual experiences, which include struggle and triumph, bring the children in class closer together. In addition to friendships with peers, kids’ jiu jitsu also encourages your child to form relationships with older students and coaches who serve as healthy adult role models in many children’s lives.
- Practical application. Kid’s jiu jitsu is a martial arts field built around self-defense. However, unlike other martial arts, jiu jitsu is an incredibly practical tool for self-defense. Other martial arts count on exact conditions or perfectly matched opponents to be useful. In Crestwood, MO kid’s jiu jitsu classes, you child will learn self-defense techniques that can actually be used to defend against anybody and any type of attack. When they practice, they typically do so at full intensity rather than merely going through the motions. This makes your child even more prepared to deal with real-life situations if necessary.
Enroll in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Garra
Expose your child to the countless life lessons and interpersonal skills and values that kids’ jiu jitsu is all about. The instructors at Gracie Barra West County are both talented martial arts instructors as well as exemplary role models for children. We understand the sensitivities and needs of a child and know how to encourage them and give them the tools they need to succeed. Enroll your child today or learn more about our programs by calling us at (636) 544-3655 or contacting us online.