Creve Couer, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu
Creve Couer, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu. Your priority as a parent is that your child has fun, safe, structured activities. You want to give them an environment that is encouraging and empowering while equipping them with important life skills and connecting them with lifelong friends. The difficulty here is finding an activity that meets your desires while also piquing your child’s interests, which we all know can be quite the challenge. The answer is in Creve Couer, MO kids’ jiu jitsu.
When you are ready to introduce your child to the amazing world of martial arts, enroll them in kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County. Gracie Barra is the world’s top team and incorporates the principles of a variety of martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo, and muay thai. Our programs for Creve Couer, MO kids’ jiu jitsu are offered at a variety of times, with additional classes for other age groups. View our schedule or contact us today to unleash your child’s jiu jitsu potential.
What We Teach in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
At Gracie Barra, we do not see kids’ jiu jitsu simply as a physical activity. It is a lifestyle and an opportunity to teach children and teens and fulfill their needs in multiple areas. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes at Gracie Barra, we share our knowledge with the young people of Creve Couer, MO the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu way of life, which includes things like eating healthy foods to stretching every day and priciples such as overcoming challenges and showing respect.
Benefits of Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
Gracie Barra’s Creve Couer, MO kids’ jiu jitsu programs are full of essential life skills and experiences that are necessary to a child’s development. Introducing your child to kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County is one of the biggest advantages you can give a child. For any child, from those who have shown an early love of martial arts to those who are shy or antsy in school, kid’s jiu jitsu classes provide them with an extensive list of benefits that will have lasting effects throughout their childhood and into their adult years.
Kids’ jiu jitsu teaches many values and skills, including:
- Healthy habits. Enrolling in a kids’ jiu jitsu class has many effects on your child’s health. It models the value of structure and regular physical activity. Aside from encouraging regular exercise, kids’ jiu jitsu can improve sleep, teach the importance of a healthy diet, form proper warm-up and stretching habits, and more.
- Physical coordination and body awareness. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, we teach technique and physical movements that require fine motor skills, balance, strength, coordination, and grace. It helps children become more comfortable in and familiar with their own growing body.
- Goal setting. Like some other martial arts, jiu jitsu uses a belt system of progression. Each student, of any age, starts as a white belt. They start by learning and mastering the fundamentals. They must publicly demonstrate their knowledge and ability in order to earn the next belt. This is an excellent lesson in goal setting and achieving. Through setting small goals along the way and the motivation or progressing to new belts, your child will steadily master new skills and, over time, become stronger, faster, and more technical in their practice.
- Humility. One element in any martial art is that of competition. Engaging in healthy competition is an important part of childhood. In kids’ jiu jitsu, your child will learn from their peers and learn how to humbly accept both victory and defeat. Their sense of humility will be key in their social and academic lives as well.
- Confidence. Martial arts teaches kids to face their opponents and overcome challenges. Through kid’s jiu jitsu they will learn that with practice and dedication, they can triumph over any adversity. As a child sticks with the sport and advances in skill, earns new belts, and wins matches, they will naturally experience growing confidence in themselves.
- Focus. Just exposing your young child to a 45-minute class teaches them to learn to focus for a fixed amount of time. In addition, in Brazilian jiu jitsu you must be able to focus on and observe their opponent’s actions in order to react best.
- Commitment and discipline. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, children must learn to practice restraint. Kids must fight urges to act out and instead choose to be quiet, respectful, and focused during class. Learning intricate technical skills requires discipline as well as determination and commitment to learning and practicing.
- Respect. Kids’ jiu jitsu exposes your child to many different people from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. They will learn to respect their peers who are different from them by simply being around people who come from different places. Through the formal practices within BJJ, such as the rituals that come from competition and belt advancement ceremonies, your child will experience the feelings of receiving and giving respect.
- Relationships. Kids’ jiu jitsu is the perfect atmosphere for building valuable friendships. A self-defense sport like jiu jitsu may appear to be isolating and distancing, but, in actuality, it is a great way to form deep friendships. The large majority of practice is spent sparring and practicing with partners. The mutual experiences, which include struggle and triumph, bring the children in class closer together. In addition to friendships with peers, kids’ jiu jitsu exposes children to relationships with older students and coaches who serve as healthy adult role models in many children’s lives.
- Practical application. Kid’s jiu jitsu is a form of self-defense. However, unlike other martial arts, jiu jitsu has practical application as a tool for self-defense. It does not rely on exact conditions or perfectly matched opponents to be useful. In Creve Couer, MO kid’s jiu jitsu classes, you child will learn self-defense techniques that can actually be used to defend against anybody and any type of attack. When they practice, they typically do so at full intensity rather than merely going through the motions. This makes your child even more prepared to deal with real-life situations if necessary.
Enroll in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Garra
Expose your child to the countless life lessons and interpersonal skills and values that kids’ jiu jitsu is all about. The instructors at Gracie Barra West County are both talented martial arts instructors as well as exemplary role models for children. They are perceptive to the sensitivities and needs of a child and are equipped to encourage them and give them the tools they need to succeed. Enroll your child today or learn more about our programs by calling us at (636) 544-3655 or contacting us online.