Ellisville, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu
Ellisville, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu. As a parent or caregiver of a child, it’s important to you to give your child fun, safe, structured activities. You want to put them in an environment that is encouraging and empowering while equipping them with important life skills and connecting them with lifelong friends. The trick is finding an activity that does all this while also being something your child enjoys, which we all know can be quite the challenge. The answer is in Ellisville, MO kids’ jiu jitsu.
Once you’ve realized what an amazing world martial arts can be for your children, sign them up for kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County. Gracie Barra is the world’s top team and teaches techniques from several different martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo, and muay thai. Our programs for Ellisville, MO kids’ jiu jitsu are offered at a variety of times, with additional classes for students of all ages. View our schedule or contact us today to unleash your child’s jiu jitsu potential.
What We Teach in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
At Gracie Barra, kids’ jiu jitsu is not just a physical activity. We teach martial arts as a lifestyle and a way to meet the many needs of growing children and teens. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes at Gracie Barra, we teach young people of Ellisville, MO the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu way of life, from healthy eating to stretching every day and priciples such as honoring commitments and showing respect.
Benefits of Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
Gracie Barra’s Ellisville, MO kids’ jiu jitsu programs will equip your child with essential life lessons and experiences necessary to a child’s development. Introducing your child to kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County is one of the best things you can do for any child. Whether your child aspires to be an elite martial arts competitor or is simply shy or has trouble focusing in school, kid’s jiu jitsu classes provide them with numerous benefits that will follow them throughout their childhood and into their adult years.
Kids’ jiu jitsu instills valuable lessons and skills in children, including:
- Healthy habits. Practicing kids’ jiu jitsu has many effects on your child’s health. It models the value of structure and regular physical activity. Aside from encouraging regular exercise, kids’ jiu jitsu can improve sleep, teach the importance of a healthy diet, form proper warm-up and stretching habits, and more.
- Physical coordination and body awareness. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, we teach technique and physical movements that require fine motor skills, balance, strength, coordination, and grace. Through practicing these movements, your child will become more comfortable in and familiar with their own growing body.
- Goal setting. Many martial arts use a colored belt system to measure progress, and jiu jitsu is no exception. Every student, no matter their age, begins as a white belt. First they learn and master the fundamentals. They must publicly demonstrate their skills and newfound knowledge in order to earn the next belt. This is an excellent lesson in goal setting and achieving. The extrinsic motivation of earning a new belt and the many small goals your child will set and achieve along the way will help them steadily master new skills and, over time, become stronger, faster, and more technical in their practice.
- Humility. Competition, whether or not your child chooses to compete formally, is a part of martial arts. Engaging in healthy competition is an important part of childhood. In kids’ jiu jitsu, your child will learn from their peers and learn how to humbly accept both victory and defeat. Their sense of humility will be key in their social and academic lives as well.
- Confidence. Your child will learn how to face their opponents and overcome challenges. They will soon learn that with practice and dedication, they can triumph over any adversity. Confidence is a natural biproduct your child will experience as they stick with the sport, master new skills, earn new belts, and win matches.
- Focus. Simply attending a 45-minute structured class teaches your child to focus for a fixed amount of time. In addition, in Brazilian jiu jitsu you must be able to focus on and observe their opponent’s actions in order to react best.
- Commitment and discipline. Participating in kid’s jiu jitsu classes requires students to practice restraint. Kids must fight urges to act out and instead choose to be quiet, respectful, and focused during class. Learning intricate technical skills requires discipline as well as determination and commitment to learning and practicing.
- Respect. In kids’ jiu jitsu, children are exposed to many different people from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. They will learn to respect other people who are different from them by simply being around people who come from different places. Through the formal practices within BJJ, such as the rituals that come from competition and belt advancement ceremonies, your child will experience the feelings of receiving and giving respect.
- Relationships. Kids’ jiu jitsu is an excellent way for you child to build valuable friendships. A self-defense sport like jiu jitsu may appear to be isolating and distancing, but, in actuality, it is a great way to form deep friendships. The large majority of practice is spent sparring and practicing with partners. The mutual experiences, which include struggle and triumph, bring the children in class closer together. In addition to friendships with peers, kids’ jiu jitsu exposes children to relationships with older students and coaches who serve as healthy adult role models in many children’s lives.
- Practical application. Kid’s jiu jitsu is a martial arts field built around self-defense. However, unlike other martial arts, jiu jitsu is an incredibly practical tool for self-defense. It does not rely on exact conditions or perfectly matched opponents to be useful. In Ellisville, MO kid’s jiu jitsu classes, we teach self-defense techniques that can actually be used to defend against anybody and any type of attack. In practice, students typically do so at full intensity rather than merely going through the motions. This makes your child even more prepared to deal with real-life situations if necessary.
Enroll in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Garra
Expose your child to the countless life lessons and interpersonal skills and values that kids’ jiu jitsu is all about. Our instructors are both talented martial arts instructors as well as exemplary role models for children. They are perceptive to the sensitivities and needs of a child and know how to encourage them and give them the tools they need to succeed. Enroll your child today or learn more about our programs by calling us at (636) 544-3655 or contacting us online.