Manchester, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu
Manchester, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu. Your priority as a parent is that your child has fun, safe, structured activities. You want to put them in an environment that is encouraging and empowering while equipping them with important life skills and connecting them with lifelong friends. The difficulty here is finding an activity that does all this while also piquing your child’s interests, which we all know can be quite the challenge. The answer is in Manchester, MO kids’ jiu jitsu.
Once you’ve realized what an amazing world martial arts can be for your children, sign them up for kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County. Gracie Barra is the world’s top team and teaches principles of a variety of martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo, and muay thai. We have classes for Manchester, MO kids’ jiu jitsu at a variety of times, with additional classes for other age groups. View our schedule or contact us today to unleash your child’s jiu jitsu potential.
What We Teach in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
At Gracie Barra, kids’ jiu jitsu is not just a physical activity. It is a lifestyle and an opportunity to teach children and teens and fulfill their needs in multiple areas. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes at Gracie Barra, we share our knowledge with the young people of Manchester, MO the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu way of life, which includes things like eating healthy foods to stretching every day and priciples such as overcoming challenges and displaying sportsmanship.
Benefits of Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
Gracie Barra’s Manchester, MO kids’ jiu jitsu programs are full of essential life skills and experiences that are necessary to a child’s development. Introducing your child to kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County is one of the biggest advantages you can give a child. For any child, from those who have shown an early love of martial arts to those who are shy or antsy in school, kid’s jiu jitsu classes will expose them to an extensive list of advantages that will have lasting effects throughout their childhood and into their adult years.
Kids’ jiu jitsu instills valuable lessons and skills in children, including:
- Healthy habits. Practicing kids’ jiu jitsu has many effects on your child’s health. It models the value of structure and regular physical activity. Aside from encouraging regular exercise, children in kids’ jiu jitsu will enjoy improved sleep, learn a healthy diet, become familiar with proper warm-up routines, and more.
- Physical coordination and body awareness. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, we teach technique and physical movements that require fine motor skills, balance, strength, coordination, and grace. It helps children become more comfortable in and familiar with their own growing body.
- Goal setting. Like some other martial arts, jiu jitsu uses a belt system of progression. Every student, of any age, starts as a white belt. First they learn and master the fundamentals. They are required to publicly demonstrate their skills and newfound knowledge in order to advance to the next belt. This is an excellent lesson in goal setting and achieving. The extrinsic motivation of earning a new belt and the many small goals your child will set and achieve along the way will help them steadily master new skills and, over time, become stronger, faster, and more technical in their practice.
- Humility. Competition, whether or not your child chooses to compete formally, is a part of martial arts. All children should be taught how to engage in healthy competition. In kids’ jiu jitsu, your child will learn from their peers and learn how to humbly accept both victory and defeat. Their sense of humility will be key in their social and academic lives as well.
- Confidence. Martial arts teaches kids to face their opponents and overcome challenges. Through kid’s jiu jitsu they will learn that with practice and dedication, they can triumph over any adversity. As a child sticks with the sport and advances in skill, earns new belts, and wins matches, they will naturally experience growing confidence in themselves.
- Focus. Just exposing your young child to a 45-minute class teaches them to learn to focus for a fixed amount of time. In addition, in Brazilian jiu jitsu you must be able to focus on and observe their opponent’s actions in order to react best.
- Commitment and discipline. Participating in kid’s jiu jitsu classes requires students to practice restraint. Kids learn to control their disruptive tendencies and instead choose to be quiet, respectful, and focused during class. Learning intricate technical skills requires discipline as well as determination and commitment to learning and practicing.
- Respect. In kids’ jiu jitsu, children are exposed to many different people from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. They will learn to respect their peers who are different from them by simply being around people who come from different places. Brazilian jiu jitsu is full of formal practices, like the rituals in competition and belt ceremonies, that will give your child experience with receiving and giving respect.
- Relationships. Kids’ jiu jitsu is an excellent way for you child to build valuable friendships. A self-defense sport like jiu jitsu may appear to be isolating and distancing, but, in actuality, it is a great way to form deep friendships. The large majority of practice is spent sparring and practicing with partners. The mutual experiences, which include struggle and triumph, bring the children in class closer together. In addition to friendships with peers, kids’ jiu jitsu exposes children to relationships with older students and coaches who serve as healthy adult role models in many children’s lives.
- Practical application. Kid’s jiu jitsu is a form of self-defense. However, unlike other martial arts, jiu jitsu has practical application as a self-defense tool. It does not rely on exact conditions or perfectly matched opponents to be useful. In Manchester, MO kid’s jiu jitsu classes, we teach self-defense techniques that can actually be used to defend against anybody and any type of attack. When they practice, they typically do so at full intensity rather than merely going through the motions. This makes your child even more prepared to deal with real-life situations if necessary.
Enroll in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Garra
Expose your child to the countless life lessons and interpersonal skills and values that kids’ jiu jitsu is all about. Our instructors are both talented martial arts instructors as well as exemplary role models for children. We understand the sensitivities and needs of a child and know how to encourage them and give them the tools they need to succeed. Enroll your child today or learn more about our programs by calling us at (636) 544-3655 or contacting us online.