Town and Country, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu
Town and Country, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu. Your priority as a parent is to give your child fun, safe, structured activities. You want to give them a way to learn vital life skills and connect with peers in an encouraging and empowering environment. The difficulty here is finding an activity that meets your desires while also piquing your child’s interests, which we all know can be quite the challenge. The answer is in Town and Country, MO kids’ jiu jitsu.
When you are ready to introduce your child to the amazing world of martial arts, enroll them in kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County. Gracie Barra is the leading martial arts organization in the world and incorporates the principles of several different martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo, and muay thai. Our programs for Town and Country, MO kids’ jiu jitsu are offered at a variety of times, as well as classes for students of all ages. View our schedule or contact us today to unleash your child’s jiu jitsu potential.
What We Teach in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
At Gracie Barra, we do not see kids’ jiu jitsu simply as a physical activity. It is a lifestyle and an opportunity to teach children and teens and fulfill their needs in multiple areas. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes at Gracie Barra, we share our knowledge with the young people of Town and Country, MO the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu way of life, from eating healthy foods to stretching every day and priciples such as honoring commitments and displaying sportsmanship.
Benefits of Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
Gracie Barra’s Town and Country, MO kids’ jiu jitsu programs are full of essential life skills and experiences that are integral to a child’s development. Signing your child up for kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County is one of the best things you can do for any child. Whether your child aspires to be an elite martial arts competitor or is simply shy or has trouble focusing in school, kid’s jiu jitsu classes provide them with an extensive list of advantages that will follow them throughout their childhood and into their adult years.
Kids’ jiu jitsu instills valuable lessons and skills in children, including:
- Healthy habits. Practicing kids’ jiu jitsu has many effects on your child’s health. It gives them structure and models to them how being physically active can fit into their daily lives. Aside from encouraging regular exercise, kids’ jiu jitsu can improve sleep, teach the importance of a healthy diet, form proper warm-up and stretching habits, and more.
- Physical coordination and body awareness. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, we teach technique and physical movements that require fine motor skills, balance, strength, coordination, and grace. Through practicing these movements, your child will become more comfortable in and familiar with their own growing body.
- Goal setting. Many martial arts use a colored belt system to measure progress, and jiu jitsu is no exception. Each student, no matter their age, begins as a white belt. First they learn and master the fundamentals. They must publicly demonstrate their skills and newfound knowledge in order to earn the next belt. This is an excellent lesson in goal setting and achieving. Through setting small goals along the way and the motivation or progressing to new belts, your child will steadily master new skills and, over time, become stronger, faster, and more technical in their practice.
- Humility. Competition, whether or not your child chooses to compete formally, is a part of martial arts. All children should be taught how to engage in healthy competition. In kids’ jiu jitsu, your child will learn from their peers and learn how to humbly accept both victory and defeat. Their sense of humility will be key in their social and academic lives as well.
- Confidence. Martial arts teaches kids to face their opponents and overcome challenges. Through kid’s jiu jitsu they will learn that with practice and dedication, they can triumph over any adversity. Confidence is a natural biproduct your child will experience as they stick with the sport, master new skills, earn new belts, and win matches.
- Focus. Simply attending a 45-minute structured class teaches your child to focus for a fixed amount of time. In addition, in Brazilian jiu jitsu you must be able to focus on and observe their opponent’s actions in order to react best.
- Commitment and discipline. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, children must learn to practice restraint. Kids must fight urges to act out and instead choose to be quiet, respectful, and focused during class. The practice of technical skills requires discipline as well as determination and commitment to learning and practicing.
- Respect. In kids’ jiu jitsu, children are exposed to many different people from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. They will learn to respect their peers who are different from them by simply being around people who come from different places. Brazilian jiu jitsu is full of formal practices, like the rituals in competition and belt ceremonies, that will give your child experience with receiving and giving respect.
- Relationships. Kids’ jiu jitsu is the perfect atmosphere for building valuable friendships. A self-defense sport like jiu jitsu may appear to be isolating and distancing, but, in actuality, it is a great way to form deep friendships. The large majority of practice is spent sparring and practicing with partners. Also, sharing mutual experiences, struggles, and triumphs brings the children in class closer together. In addition to friendships with peers, kids’ jiu jitsu also encourages your child to form relationships with older students and coaches who serve as healthy adult role models in many children’s lives.
- Practical application. Kid’s jiu jitsu is a martial arts field built around self-defense. However, unlike other martial arts, jiu jitsu has practical application as a tool for self-defense. Other martial arts count on exact conditions or perfectly matched opponents to be useful. In Town and Country, MO kid’s jiu jitsu classes, we teach self-defense techniques that can actually be used to defend against anybody and any type of attack. In practice, students typically do so at full intensity rather than merely going through the motions. This makes your child even more prepared to deal with real-life situations if necessary.
Enroll in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Garra
Give your child the gift of countless life lessons and interpersonal skills and values that kids’ jiu jitsu is all about. The instructors at Gracie Barra West County are both talented martial arts instructors as well as exemplary role models for children. They are perceptive to the sensitivities and needs of a child and are equipped to encourage them and give them the tools they need to succeed. Enroll your child today or learn more about our programs by calling us at (636) 544-3655 or contacting us online.