Twin Oaks, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu
Twin Oaks, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu. As a parent or caregiver of a child, it’s important to you that your child has fun, safe, structured activities. You want to put them in a way to learn vital life skills and connect with peers in an encouraging and empowering environment. The trick is finding an activity that meets your desires while also piquing your child’s interests, which we all know can be quite the challenge. The answer is in Twin Oaks, MO kids’ jiu jitsu.
When you are ready to introduce your child to the amazing world of martial arts, sign them up for kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County. Gracie Barra is the leading martial arts organization in the world and incorporates the techniques from a variety of martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo, and muay thai. We have classes for Twin Oaks, MO kids’ jiu jitsu at a variety of times, with additional classes for other age groups. View our schedule or contact us today to unleash your child’s jiu jitsu potential.
What We Teach in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
At Gracie Barra, we do not see kids’ jiu jitsu simply as a physical activity. We teach martial arts as a lifestyle and a way to meet the many needs of growing children and teens. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes at Gracie Barra, we share our knowledge with the young people of Twin Oaks, MO the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu way of life, from eating healthy foods to stretching every day and practicing things like overcoming challenges and displaying sportsmanship.
Benefits of Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
Gracie Barra’s Twin Oaks, MO kids’ jiu jitsu programs will equip your child with essential life lessons and experiences necessary to a child’s development. Introducing your child to kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County is one of the biggest advantages you can give a child. For any child, from those who have shown an early love of martial arts to those who are shy or antsy in school, kid’s jiu jitsu classes provide them with numerous advantages that will have lasting effects throughout their childhood and into their adult years.
Kids’ jiu jitsu instills valuable lessons and skills in children, including:
- Healthy habits. Enrolling in a kids’ jiu jitsu class has many effects on your child’s health. It models the value of structure and regular physical activity. Aside from encouraging regular exercise, kids’ jiu jitsu can improve sleep, teach the importance of a healthy diet, form proper warm-up and stretching habits, and more.
- Physical coordination and body awareness. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, we teach technique and physical movements that require fine motor skills, balance, strength, coordination, and grace. Through practicing these movements, your child will become more comfortable in and familiar with their own growing body.
- Goal setting. Like some other martial arts, jiu jitsu uses a belt system of progression. Every student, no matter their age, starts as a white belt. They start by learning and mastering the fundamentals. They are required to publicly demonstrate their knowledge and ability in order to earn the next belt. This is an excellent lesson in goal setting and achieving. The extrinsic motivation of earning a new belt and the many small goals your child will set and achieve along the way will help them steadily master new skills and, over time, become stronger, faster, and more technical in their practice.
- Humility. One element in any martial art is that of competition. All children should be taught how to engage in healthy competition. In kids’ jiu jitsu, your child will learn from their peers and learn how to accept both victory and defeat with humility. Their sense of humility will be key in their social and academic lives as well.
- Confidence. Your child will learn how to face their opponents and overcome challenges. They will soon learn that with practice and dedication, they can triumph over any adversity. As a child sticks with the sport and advances in skill, earns new belts, and wins matches, they will naturally experience growing confidence in themselves.
- Focus. Simply attending a 45-minute structured class teaches your child to focus for a fixed amount of time. In addition, practicing Brazilian jiu jitsu teaches your child to focus on and observe their opponent’s actions in order to react best.
- Commitment and discipline. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, children must learn to practice restraint. Kids learn to control their disruptive tendencies and instead choose to be quiet, respectful, and focused during class. Learning intricate technical skills requires discipline as well as determination and commitment to learning and practicing.
- Respect. Kids’ jiu jitsu exposes your child to many different people from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. By working with others, they learn to respect other people who are different from them by simply being around people who come from different places. Brazilian jiu jitsu is full of formal practices, like the rituals in competition and belt ceremonies, that will give your child experience with receiving and giving respect.
- Relationships. Kids’ jiu jitsu is the perfect atmosphere for building valuable friendships. While practicing a self-defense sport may seem distancing and isolating, in actuality, it is the perfect recipe for making friends. Much of class involves sparring and practicing with partners. Also, sharing mutual experiences, struggles, and triumphs brings the children in class closer together. In addition to friendships with peers, kids’ jiu jitsu also encourages your child to form relationships with older students and coaches who serve as healthy adult role models in many children’s lives.
- Practical application. Kid’s jiu jitsu is a martial arts field built around self-defense. However, unlike other martial arts, jiu jitsu is an incredibly practical tool for self-defense. It does not rely on exact conditions or perfectly matched opponents to be useful. In Twin Oaks, MO kid’s jiu jitsu classes, we teach self-defense techniques that can actually be used to defend against anybody and any type of attack. In practice, students typically do so at full intensity rather than merely going through the motions. This makes your child even more prepared to deal with real-life situations if necessary.
Enroll in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Garra
Expose your child to the countless life lessons and interpersonal skills and values that kids’ jiu jitsu is all about. The instructors at Gracie Barra West County are both talented martial arts instructors as well as exemplary role models for children. They are perceptive to the sensitivities and needs of a child and are equipped to encourage them and give them the tools they need to succeed. Enroll your child today or learn more about our programs by calling us at (636) 544-3655 or contacting us online.