Valley Park, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu
Valley Park, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu. Your priority as a parent is that your child has fun, safe, structured activities. You want to put them in an environment that is encouraging and empowering while equipping them with important life skills and connecting them with lifelong friends. The difficulty here is finding an activity that meets your desires while also piquing your child’s interests, which we all know can be quite the challenge. The answer is in Valley Park, MO kids’ jiu jitsu.
Once you’ve realized what an amazing world martial arts can be for your children, sign them up for kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County. Gracie Barra is the leading martial arts organization in the world and teaches techniques from several different martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo, and muay thai. We have classes for Valley Park, MO kids’ jiu jitsu at a variety of times, with additional classes for other age groups. View our schedule or contact us today to unleash your child’s jiu jitsu potential.
What We Teach in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
At Gracie Barra, we do not see kids’ jiu jitsu simply as a physical activity. We teach martial arts as a lifestyle and a way to meet the many needs of growing children and teens. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes at Gracie Barra, we teach young people of Valley Park, MO the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu way of life, which includes things like eating healthy foods to stretching every day and priciples such as overcoming challenges and showing respect.
Benefits of Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
Gracie Barra’s Valley Park, MO kids’ jiu jitsu programs will equip your child with essential life lessons and experiences integral to a child’s development. Signing your child up for kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra West County is one of the best things you can do for any child. Whether your child aspires to be an elite martial arts competitor or is simply shy or has trouble focusing in school, kid’s jiu jitsu classes provide them with numerous advantages that will have lasting effects throughout their childhood and into their adult years.
Kids’ jiu jitsu instills valuable lessons and skills in children, including:
- Healthy habits. Practicing kids’ jiu jitsu has many effects on your child’s health. It models the value of structure and regular physical activity. Aside from encouraging regular exercise, children in kids’ jiu jitsu will enjoy improved sleep, learn a healthy diet, become familiar with proper warm-up routines, and more.
- Physical coordination and body awareness. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, your child will learn and practice technique and physical movements that require fine motor skills, balance, strength, coordination, and grace. Through practicing these movements, your child will become more comfortable in and familiar with their own growing body.
- Goal setting. Like some other martial arts, jiu jitsu uses a belt system of progression. Every student, of any age, begins as a white belt. They start by learning and mastering the fundamentals. They are required to publicly demonstrate their knowledge and ability in order to earn the next belt. This is an excellent lesson in goal setting and achieving. Through setting small goals along the way and the motivation or progressing to new belts, your child will steadily master new skills and, over time, become stronger, faster, and more technical in their practice.
- Humility. Competition, whether or not your child chooses to compete formally, is a part of martial arts. All children should be taught how to engage in healthy competition. In kids’ jiu jitsu, your child will learn from their peers and learn how to humbly accept both victory and defeat. Their sense of humility will be key in their social and academic lives as well.
- Confidence. Martial arts teaches kids to face their opponents and overcome challenges. Through kid’s jiu jitsu they will learn that with practice and dedication, they can triumph over any adversity. As a child sticks with the sport and advances in skill, earns new belts, and wins matches, they will naturally experience growing confidence in themselves.
- Focus. Simply attending a 45-minute structured class teaches your child to focus for a fixed amount of time. In addition, in Brazilian jiu jitsu you must be able to focus on and observe their opponent’s actions in order to react best.
- Commitment and discipline. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, children must learn to practice restraint. Kids must fight urges to act out and instead choose to be quiet, respectful, and focused during class. Learning intricate technical skills requires discipline as well as determination and commitment to learning and practicing.
- Respect. Kids’ jiu jitsu exposes your child to many different people from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. By working with others, they learn to respect their peers who are different from them by simply being around people who come from different places. Through the formal practices within BJJ, such as the rituals that come from competition and belt advancement ceremonies, your child will experience the feelings of receiving and giving respect.
- Relationships. Kids’ jiu jitsu is the perfect atmosphere for building valuable friendships. A self-defense sport like jiu jitsu may appear to be isolating and distancing, but, in actuality, it is a great way to form deep friendships. The large majority of practice is spent sparring and practicing with partners. Also, sharing mutual experiences, struggles, and triumphs brings the children in class closer together. In addition to friendships with peers, kids’ jiu jitsu exposes children to relationships with older students and coaches who serve as healthy adult role models in many children’s lives.
- Practical application. Kid’s jiu jitsu is a martial arts field built around self-defense. However, unlike other martial arts, jiu jitsu has practical application as a self-defense tool. It does not rely on exact conditions or perfectly matched opponents to be useful. In Valley Park, MO kid’s jiu jitsu classes, you child will learn self-defense techniques that can actually be used to defend against anybody and any type of attack. When they practice, they typically do so at full intensity rather than merely going through the motions. This makes your child even more prepared to deal with real-life situations if necessary.
Enroll in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Garra
Give your child the gift of countless life lessons and interpersonal skills and values that kids’ jiu jitsu is all about. Our instructors are both talented martial arts instructors as well as exemplary role models for children. They are perceptive to the sensitivities and needs of a child and are equipped to encourage them and give them the tools they need to succeed. Enroll your child today or learn more about our programs by calling us at (636) 544-3655 or contacting us online.